Do you want to turn your home into a smart home but do not want to break the bank? Here are a few tips to get you started!
- Smart Home Hub The first step into setting up your smart home is to pick a smart home hub. There are many options available. You can choose from brand names including Amazon, Google, Apple, and more. Whatever you choose, be sure to do some research to see what their connectivity options are for other smart devices as you want something that can work seamlessly.
- Smart Wi-Fi Enabled Lightbulbs Wi-Fi enabled lightbulbs are a great addition to any home. While you can also get smart switches, they require some electrical work that requires a more experienced electrician. With smart lightbulbs, you can control lamps or overhead bulbs with just your voice! Plus, you can get the in dimmable and color options as well.
- Smart Thermostat Another great addition to your home is a smart thermostat. There are many different versions available, some that are associated with a specific smart hub and others that can be integrated with other systems. Do some research before purchasing, but some good options are the Google Nest, Ecobee Smart Thermostat, Honeywell Home, and Sensi Thermostat.
- Smart Outlets If you want to control electronics in your home, you can also purchase smart outlets. There can be controlled with your smartphone or even integrated with your smart home hub for voice control. You can control things from televisions and lamps to radios and more.
- Smart Garage Door System Another great option to turn your home into a smart home is with a smart garage door system. Imagine heading out of the house with full hands and saying “Alexa, open the garage door” so you don’t even have to worry about fiddling with the garage door opener. It can also help if you’re a habitual culprit of forgetting to shut the garage door. You can close the garage door right from your smartphone!
Contact Carroll Garage Doors for Help With Your Smart Garage Door!
Are you interested in turning your home into a smart home? Well, the good news is that you typically don’t need to spend an exorbitant amount of money to do so. With DIY smart home options, you can automate thermostats, lights, and other electronics. Also, with the help of Carroll Garage Doors, you can also automate your garage door! Never worry about whether or not you closed the garage door or forgetting your garage door opener again. Give us a call today at 1-888-578-2360 to request your new smart garage door opener.
To learn more about the reliable and quality garage door services that we offer, visit us on the web at Carroll Garage Doors