If you are wondering what are the most common garage door issues, Carroll Garage Doors is here to help. Keep reading to learn more about common garage door issues and which ones will require professional assistance!
Are there common garage door issues that I can fix myself?
When your garage door starts acting funny, you might automatically see the dollar signs leaving your bank account. It is understandable to wonder if there are certain issues that are safe to fix yourself. The good news is that there are some garage door issues that you can fix yourself! These include:
- When you close the garage door, it opens again – clear obstructions from the photo sensors
- Black residue on the outside of the garage door – wash off the door, it is just oil
- Rust spots at bottom of the door – clean door with soap and water at least annually
- Garage door doesn’t open when the button is pushed – replace batteries
- Garage door squeaks or screeches loudly when it is opened and closed – use a spray-on garage door lubricant
What garage door issues require professional assistance?
Unfortunately, not all garage door issues can be repaired without professional assistance. People are injured by garage doors every year so if you are dealing with a serious issue it is important to contact a professional right away. Issues that require professional assistance to repair include:
- After lubricating, the door still squeaks and screeching does not go away
- Frayed cable
- The garage door doesn’t open when the button is pushed after batteries have been replaced
- The garage door opens jerkily with loud noises
Does garage door maintenance help?
If you are worried about costly an unpredictable garage door repairs, you will be happy to know that Carroll Garage Doors also offers regular garage door maintenance that is designed to keep your garage door in good working condition. Our technicians have a list of tests to verify the safety and proper functioning of your garage door and you can even extend the life of your garage door with our preventative maintenance services. With smaller, planned expenses for regular maintenance, you can reduce your risk of large, unpredictable expenses.
If you need garage door repair or maintenance, contact Carroll Garage Doors today!
If you are having any issues with your garage doors, you should call Carroll Garage Doors right away. Every year, people get injured by their garage door and those injuries aren’t just minor. Thankfully, the experienced team at Carroll Garage Doors has over 27 years of experience when it comes to repairing and maintaining garage doors. Contact us today at 1-888-578-2360 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need garage door repair services.
To learn more about the reliable and quality garage door services that we offer, visit us on the web at Carroll Garage Doors.