Life as we know it is on pause right now. People are out of work, working from home or even working reduced hours. We’re not allowed to congregate in groups of 10 or more and that means not seeing our own family. While this is a hard time for everyone, the good news is that we all have a lot more time on our hands. If you’re not sure what to do with all the free time that you suddenly have on your hands, how about doing some spring cleaning in your garage so you can have a more functional space?
- Create a plan and ask for help When you are going to clean out your garage, chances are that it is no small feat. If your garage is like most, it’s full of clutter and heavy objects that are difficult to move on your own. That’s why you need to create a plan for cleaning out the garage and ask for help! Involve the whole family and maybe even incentive your kids to help with a bit of extra allowance. Also, be sure to check the weather. You don’t want to be pulling things out of the garage and suddenly find yourself in the middle of a rainstorm.
- Declutter your garage The next step of garage spring cleaning is to declutter. That means removing every item inside of it and bringing it outside on the driveway. Yes, we mean everything that isn’t nailed or screwed down. As you go, sort things into a keep, donate, recycle, toss, and sell pile. This will help keep you organized throughout the process.
- Air out your garage Now that the garage is cleared out, you can actually air it out. Open up the door and windows and give your musty garage a chance for some fresh air. Without all of the boxes restricting airflow, you can easily and quickly air out your musty garage.
- Sweep and hose out your garage The final step before putting stuff back into the garage is to actually clean it. Sweep out your garage and then wipe down all of the surfaces like shelves, storage racks, and cabinets. Then, hose the floor and use a mild detergent to clean it out. Use a squeegee to remove any excess water and then let it finish drying in the warm sun!
- Contact Carroll Garage Doors for a thorough garage inspection If you want to keep your garage in tip-top shape, it’s time to call Carroll Garage Doors for a garage door inspection. You might not notice anything wrong with your garage door, but that doesn’t mean that it is working as efficiently as it could be. That’s why you should call Carroll Garage Doors at 1-888-578-2360 this spring to request a garage door inspection. Our experienced technician will come out and tune up your garage door to make sure that it stays in great working order.
To learn more about the reliable and quality garage door services that we offer, visit us on the web at Carroll Garage Doors.